Use Roller Squeegees to achieve the absolute smoothest prints you’ve ever accomplished on press!
You may have noticed that as soon as you finish laying down an under base and the mesh releases its contact with the substrate, it pulls up on the fibers of the garment. That’s called fibrillation. Printing colors on top of a fibrillated shirt greatly reduces the resolution, detail, and smoothness of your final print. You can fix this problem by using a Roller Squeegee after the flash to matte down the fibers. Printing colors on top of this newly hard surface will bring out the detail of your final prints and significantly increase their smoothness (hand feel).
Without a Roller Squeegee and With a Roller Squeegee
For instructions on using Roller Squeegees, navigate to the ‘Videos’ tab and watch the video!
- Each roller squeegee comes shipped with a PTFE sheet, also known commonly by another name that we can not say!
- When combined with PTFE, roller squeegees create a very smooth and uniform hand to the final product.
- It’s like having a heat press right on your machine!
- Roller squeegees are available for most automatic machines – the manual version is available as well.
- Smoothing screen is 23″ x 31″
1 x PTFE Sheet
1 x 23″ x 31″ Frame
1 x Roller Squeegee