Use Roller Squeegees to achieve the absolute smoothest prints you’ve ever accomplished on press!
You may have noticed that as soon as you finish laying down an under base and the mesh releases its contact with the substrate, it pulls up on the fibers of the garment. That’s called fibrillation. Printing colors on top of a fibrillated shirt greatly reduces the resolution, detail, and smoothness of your final print. You can fix this problem by using a Roller Squeegee after the flash to matte down the fibers. Printing colors on top of this very smooth surface will bring out the detail of your final prints and significantly increase their smoothness (soft hand feel).
For instructions on using Roller Squeegees, navigate to the ‘Videos’ tab and watch the video!
- Each roller squeegee comes shipped with a PTFE sheet, also commonly known by another name we are not allowed to say.
- When combined with PTFE, roller squeegees create a very smooth and uniform hand to the final product.
- It’s like having a heat press right on your machine!
- Roller squeegees are available for most automatic machines – the manual version is available as well.
- Call us or order online to order this revolutionary product today!
- Size listed is of the Roller portion only. Outer dimension is 2″ larger. The 16″ Roller Squeegee requires 23″x31″ frame. Machines using 20″ x 24″ frames should order the 14″ Roller Squeegee.
Using a Roller Squeegee and PTFE Sheet with your OWN Frame
With every Roller Squeegee purchase you will receive a PTFE Sheet to use with your own frame. If you choose this option, you must have a print-ready frame that is coated with emulsion and dried on one side. Once the frame is prepared, you will peel off the PTFE backing and apply this to the underside/back of your frame. For extra security, reinforce the edges of the sheet by taping the four sides.